Features of this Site:
Includes information on adoption reform, reunion, search, support, and research sites.
· A Study on Reunions, "Adoption Reunion: Satisfaction and Success."
· "Adoption Search: Before You Begin" If you lost someone to adoption read this booklet.
· The Facts Statistics on the effects of adoption on adoptees and birthmothers
· ANSRS, Inc Message Forum for Adoption Reform and Healing. A semi-private bulletin board.
· Ballot Measure 58 Allows adult adoptees their original birth certificate.
· The Call What is it like to make that first phone call?
· Heather's Story A little bit about searching.
· "Adoption Reform: Why All the Fuss" If you are not affected by an adoption and just wondering about the reform movement, read this booklet.
· Just a Man Meeting your birthfather in prison. [Not here yet.]
· The Making of an Emotional Support Group A paper I wrote on how the ANSRS emotional support group evolved. [Not here yet.]
· "Adoption: Yes--But . . ." A mini-book now out of print.[Not here yet.]
Last reviewed/updated: April 26, 2000
Adoption Network for Search, Reunion and Support,Inc
This site is intended for the adoptee, birthmother, birthfather, adoptive parent, and others affected by an adoption seeking healing.
It includes links to an adoption reunion research project, a voters referendum on adoption, a story about the first phone call from an adoptee to a birthmother, an adoptee's search story, and poems. Much of the work is my own. It also includes other research material on adoption, and a complete mini-book for things to do and consider before beginning an adoption search.
As you can tell from the some of the items on the left, there is still much work to be done. In addition to those things, I am planning on adding a few sites where people can receive adoption search assistance.
I encourage you to join the discussion group on the ANSRS' Forum. This is a semi-private bulletin board on adoption issues affecting those considering an adoption search, searching, or are in an adoption reunion.
International Soundex Reunion Registry
This page is to help Oregon birthmothers and adoptees work with the new law allowing adoptees a copy of their original birth certificate, birthparents submitting a contact preference form and/or an updated medical history form.
Places of Interest
Links to other adoption support Web pages
Adoption Survivor's Reading List
A list of adoption books you can purchase online that I feel will be helpful to those considering an adoption search, involved in an adoption reunion, or any step along the way.
By the Honorable Wade Weatherford, South Carolina Circuit Court Judge
Provided by Joe Soll of CERA, the Council for Equal Rights in Adoption, NYC
Ginni D Snodgrass